January 26, 2022
Force for Change programme
This programme will award grants of up to £15,000 for community projects that reduce isolation and promote integration in local Armed Forces communities.
Apply by 5pm 13 December 2023
Grants up to £15k
One year grants of up to £15,000.
Local projects that help reduce social isolation
Funding for projects that offer support to Armed Forces communities to help with needs that may not have been addressed in the past
Armed Forces Covenant Fund: Force for Change programme
Through the Force for Change programme, we fund projects which make a real difference to Armed Forces communities locally. We will support projects that offer support to Armed Forces communities to help with needs that may not have been addressed in the past. This can also include funding for pilot projects; or to try new ways of offering local support. It can also include projects that build on earlier work that you have done
To be eligible to apply, your organisation must be one of the following.
- A registered charity or Community Interest Company (CIC) with substantial recent experience of supporting Armed Forces communities and have been registered for at least one year at the time of your application.
- An Armed Forces unit or base.
- A local authority.
- A school.
- A statutory body that delivers or co-ordinates NHS care
Under this programme, we cannot support:
- academy trusts – you cannot apply for an overarching project across your academy chain, though individual schools can apply
- a charity or CIC, which doesn’t have substantial recent experience of supporting Armed Forces communities or is newly registered.
- other public sector organisations – but you could work with one of the types of organisation listed above as a delivery partner
- a charity that is based overseas.
Please note: organisations cannot apply more than once per funding round (by which we mean to each of the two deadlines this year) on this programme.
A full list of eligibility is available in the programme guidance below.
One year grants of up to £15,000.
Themes and priorities
Under this programme, we would like to make small grants that make a big difference. We want to make a big difference to Armed Forces communities that are facing particular challenges due to cost-of-living challenges, or where there are hidden or complex needs within local Armed Forces communities and a local project could help address problems that vulnerable people are facing.
If you apply for a grant, you need to show how this would help specifically help to address compelling or specific needs in a meaningful way; and where you can clearly tell us about the current gap that exists in provision and why this project might help.
Deadlines and dates to note
There will be two application deadlines this year:
- If you applied by 5pm on 17 July 2023, you’ll receive a decision before the end of October 2023
- If you apply by 5pm on 13 December 2023, you’ll receive a decision before the end of March 2024
Guidance and resources
We encourage you to take a look at the application questions before beginning your online application to the Force for Change programme.
Please note, this is for reference only and applications can only be made via our online application portal.
You can also view the terms and conditions to receiving a Force for Change award, here.
Force for Change – application questions (for reference only before filling using the application portal)Download 45.5 KB
Ready to Apply?
Now you have read the guidance you can apply through our online application form which you can access through this link.Apply Now
If you have already started an application please continue by logging in here
December 8, 2020